The Anglican Family Ministry Team is a dynamic group of parishioners keen to meet, worship and help families within the Parish:
“Grow with God,”
( Fun and Faith: Children / mainly music: Pre- schoolers),
provide support in times of need (Family Support)
and encourage interactive worship among All Ages in our Parish.
The All age Worship Experience (AWE) occurs 5pm on specified Sundays which depend on the wealth of knowledge and experience within our congregation to enhance the worship experience for young and old.
The Family Ministry Team (Led by Janet Schweda) consists of the Rector and Group Leaders of the Yarrawonga Anglicans Family Ministry Arms:
- Fun and Faith – our Sunday education program for children (Janet Schweda and Jennie Dyson)
- Christ Teens – our Teenagers meeting point, (Caitlyn Wallace:Rosemary White and Rector)
- mainly music – a Christian pre school music group open to the public introducing and welcoming families into the church setting (Susie Knight, Carol Henderson, Penny Thomas)
- Music (Carol Henderson) and
- Messy Church / All age Worship Experience (AWE) held on Sunday nights/ alternate months (Kate Coffey and the TEAM)
The current format of the Family Ministry commenced regular meetings on May 11, 2012.
The Inaugural team Members were: Rev’d Canon Michael Jones, Ruth Rowlands, Barb Kelly, Jenni Dyson, Janet Schweda, Carol Henderson, Janice Jones, Rob and Caitlyn Wallace.
Anyone with an interest, feedback or resources to assist any of the Family Ministry Areas, please come and chat with the Rector or the Leader of the appropriate group.
Yarrawonga Anglicans of the Wangaratta Diocese have made the Safe Churches Commitment:
- A Working with Children’s Check (Volunteer) and a
- Police check is required for Helpers in Family and Aged Ministry.